Outreach in the Educational Community
Numerous educational institutions have retained The Writing Company to help project a positive image, compete for students and resources, and maintain links with alumni and other constituents.
For over a decade, The Writing Company has helped craft communications initiatives for such institutions as the public school districts of East Orange, Glen Ridge, Jersey City, South Orange-Maplewood, and Orange; the Essex County Vocational Technical Schools, the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and Essex County College. These initiatives have included:
- Rollout of the East Orange School District's facilities improvement plan.
- A marketing package for the East Orange School District's teacher recruitment program, including trade show exhibit and print collateral
- Catalogs for UMDNJ's School of Health Related Professions
- Print collateral for UMDNJ's Institute for the Elimination of Health Disparities
- Annual reports for Essex County College
- Marketing collateral for the Essex County Vocational Technical Schools
- Community relations and counsel for the Jersey City Public Schools
The Writing Company's president, Gloria Bryant, is a former educator and public relations director for the Newark School District, New Jersey's largest. As director, she established the district's first Office of Public Information, identified communications needs for the district and developed communications links with parents and all segments of the surrounding community. Bryant also served as a public relations executive for the United Negro College Fund and Medgar Evers College in New York City.